Tuesday 29 November 2011

I'm Back! Day +13 and its been a few days of Neutropenic Sepsis HELL!

Well I have been very poorly and not quite out of the woods yet but actually finally able to move my arms and pick up my computer, which I am seeing as a good sign! 


Basically the last few days I went into a stage which is common called Neutropenia Sepsis where you get an infection as you are Neutropenic ( have low neutrophils/white cells).  It has manifested in me in an infection in the lower half of both my lungs and I am being treated with a multitude of antibiotics.  I am also permanently on oxygen now too as I can't breath too easily due to the infection.


I've pretty much had a temperature every day and night, literally lolling from one to the next which is not nice.
They've started to settle now too and I find myself back in the land of the living again.  I swear I was hallucinating, having conversations with people who where not here, very strange dreams.


Yesterday my hair started falling out.  As I mentioned before this is not an issue for me but it was a shock reaching up and pulling a clump off of hair out as I was adamant mine wasn't going to fall out, like it had taken too long or something. Anyway the nurses are going to shave it for me but just have to check whether my platelets are high enough at the moment.


So....I'll end on some good new....may as well....my new cells have engrafted and my white cell count has started to come back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment