Friday 11 November 2011

So why am I here....

I am writing this blog as after being diagnosed with Aplastic Anaemia (Bone Marrow Failure) in 2003 (at the age of 23) and having some initial successful treatment my illness has returned and developed to have some Myelodysplasia (Pre-Leukaemia).  So I am currently sat in a bed in an isolation room at Kings College Hospital Transplant Unit undergoing 9 days pf Chemotherapy followed by the cell infusion (Transplant).  I will be here for 4-6 weeks....we are all hoping it is nearer to 4!


I basically have tried to keep a diary, thought that would be a good thing to do for myself and maybe others but I suppose to let out some emotion...that isn't working and I figured I am on this computer most of the time...couldn't actually do without it for communication purposes right now, so I'd write a blog.  If you asked my friends and family they would tell you I am upbeat and positive about it all and I strive to get on with life, we don only have on after all and this is quite frankly taking a big chunk of my life over.  I am therefore not writing this as I need to vent off emotion and be morose.  I cannot guarantee it will be all positive but it will be honest about how I feel, what is happening and well, be a frank account at least.


Some days it may just be a few word or a picture but none the less here is my Bone Marrow Transplant Journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment