Sunday 20 January 2013

....and I'm feeling gooooooood.....

Well I just read that last post and it seems like a different person writing it. It is only 4 months later now but I feel so good!

I think it is because my progression is rapid now and each day makes a huge difference. I now feel very positive and happy. I suppose I should do a general update:

My bloods are great as are my bone marrow biopsies which show 100% donor cells and chimerism. The doctors call it a fully transplanted marrow! Woop!

I've had a few small battles which are that it has been confirmed that my ovaries are completely inactive. This is obviously sad news but I was expecting it and feel that I have dealt ith that as best I can in my mind over the last few years. The negative side of this is the menopause and the awful symptoms I was having, mostly the constant crying! I am now on HRT and I can honestly say it is amazing. I don't have any of those symptoms anymore and feel like a big black cloud has been lifted from my head.
The other not so good thing is the sore muscles/aches I have. They can be very painful but my Osteo things it is temporary. Docs are sending me for a dexa scan to check my bones but they do that for transplant patients anyway. If they have lost density they'll give me a tablet to take, so not too bad plus the HRT is obviously there to help this too.

So basically I am just getting on with life now. I am doing a dressmaking course, 2hrs on a Thursday evening which I love and I am starting a certificate in fundraising course to expand my skills for work.

I am also getting fitter and am doing weight watchers to lose this excess weight I've put on over the last 15months.

All positive things I think. I made the decision a while ago that I don't want to be sad and down anymore and think that I am going through this horrendous nightmare. The truth is now that I have been through it, I've come out the other side and that is just wonderful really.

It is time to move on, which is what I have been doing, even to the extent of de-cluttering my wardrobe and house! It feels good and feel good. i will never forget or lose sight of what I've been through and i know i am still recovering and have to take tablets and have check ups etc for years. However I am looking forward now and I can agree with the doctors and say I am we'll and able to move on.










7 comments:

  1. Congrats Sveness! So glad to hear you have had a good outcome to all this full-on medical treatment. Best wishes from an Australian Psycho-Oncologist, browsing blogs to find good ones to recommend to clients....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi ,

    its great that you are feeling good now after the treatments..take care.
    bone marrow transplant

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your frank & honest blog. I've just been referred to Kings with hypocellular bone marrow & am devouring any information I can on the subject!
    So glad to hear you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great article. I like that you are very honest and direct to the point.

    Ophthalmology
    Surgical instruments

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why is a bone marrow transplant needed? Why it a very important to you? The goal of a bone marrow transplant is to cure many diseases and types of cancer. Thanks Sveness for value information and experience that you share it here. Very impressed! That is a great article. Honestly and straight to the point. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really informative post as ever, however if you need any more info about Bone Marrow Transplant, you can rely on this website: india4health.com

    Keep it up anyway!

    ReplyDelete